So, many of you may have heard of the mystery blogger award, but we have been super honoured and have been nominated for it ourselves. To many this may not be a major achievement, but since our blog has really only been up and running for a couple of months, this is a huge deal to us. It means people are taking the time to read our rambles, despite some of them just going on and on. Even as I sit here now, while its chucking it down with rain, I feel completely in awe. As some may know, Extraordinarily Mundane is a co-owned blog, by myself and Jenny. In this instance I, Hana, will be taking the wheel and taking charge of this post. Anyway, Im going to stop the rambling to explain the rules that have been set before me.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
The Mystery bloggers award was created by one, Okoto Enigma. We were nominated by Kate Jones (https://katejones50.wordpress.com), who used a beautiful quote by Okoto, which explained the purpose of of the award. If you want to read it, definitely head over to her blog, its brilliant – well worth a read. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
3 Things about me:
- My name is spelt Hana, despite being pronounced Hannah. This is because it means flower in Japanese, while my mother name is Fleur – which relates to the Fleur-de-lys, a french flower.
- I’ve only ever been good at 2 sports. Horse riding and archery – both which I continue today.
- I am of Hungarian decent, since my grandmother was from Budapest.
My questions to answer:
1. What happened on the best day of your life?
I must admit to being very lucky in my life that I have had many amazing days, so many in fact that I can not just pick one. Instead I’ll answer with a few: The day my brother was born, the day I arrived at university for the first time and every Christmas I’ve shared with my family.
2. What’s your favourite TV programme?
My favourite tv shows switch and change so regularly that I can’t really keep track, although at the moment I’m loving the Bake off. It’s not nearly as good as it was with Mary Berry, but it’s still brilliant fun. When I’m not watching seasonal shows like that, I tend to enjoy fantasy and science fiction. Anything beyond the mundane.
3. If you could only have one app on your phone (besides the ones already built in), what would it be?
Ah. This is hard, but I think I would have to say Instagram. I love going through photographs, it really inspires me to go out with my camera. I’ve got to say travel instagrams fill me with wanderlust.
4. If you could recommend any place in the world to visit, where would it be?
I’ve been super lucky in my life to have traveled loads but my absalute favourite place has been Malaysia, probably Penang or Singapore. It was amazing and the food was insanely cheap, so I would recommend there. Malaysia. Or if you want to keep to the basics Italy, specifically Venice or Tuscany. It’s so beautiful and it’s easy to forget that your not far from home.
5. Funny question: What was your favourite TV programme as a kid?
Oh for me this one is easy. Scooby Doo. I was obsessed from around the age of 5. I actually had to have a curfew put in to stop me from getting up at 3am to sneak down and watch it on TV.
Our Best Post:
‘Getting the most out of Freshers’ Week’ is our most popular post. It includes six useful tips on how to enjoy Freshers’ Week and how to be prepared for the week as well.
My questions for you:
- If you could choose to be reborn in any time period, when and where would you choose?
- What is your most desired place to visit? Why?
- (Weird Question) Whats your favourite sound?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have possession, what would it be?